Labels

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Master of My Domain


Thing 2 Triumphant!  Source:  Joan Oliver Emmer

As many of you know, I'm not much of a shopper.  Except for garage sales and thrift shops - which I adore - I tend to have anxiety attacks in shopping situations.  My sister isn't a shopper either, which leaves our mother, who loves a jaunt through the mall, shaking her head and trying to figure out how she managed to raise two girls who lack the retail gene.  Never mind the college and graduate degrees, the beautiful grandchildren, the stable marriages, the careers (in the case of my journalist-sister anyway) -- these girls don't like to SHOP.

But this morning I went shopping for an item I've never searched for before and it was a lot of fun!

I bought myself a domain name.

I'm not sure what I will do with it - but when I saw it on the godaddy.com shelf, I knew I HAD to have:

                                          joanoliveremmer.com

Surprisingly, it was "in stock" and I'm hoping that, unlike most purchases, it will increase in value as time passes.   (Or maybe it's more like a car, and lose 20% of its value as soon as I drive it away from godaddy.com).

By the way, domain names make great stocker stuffers and I hear that joanoliveremmer.com is this year's "Tickle Me Elmo.".  If you absolutely must have one, let's talk six figures and call it a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment