Labels

Monday, March 14, 2011

What the boob tube has to do with modern medicine

I figure that if I hadn't watched all the tv I've watched over the past 30 years, I could have completed medical school four times over and read through the entire complete works of Bill Shakespeare and back translated them into Romanian (a language that I don't speak because of all the tv watching).  That's a lot of appendixes that I failed to remove because of my habit.

Truth be told, I love to watch tv. It is my guilty pleasure.  Between the Real Housewives of the OC, Miami, New York, New Jersey, Beverly Hills and DC, The Apprentice (from time to time), Say Yes to the Dress! and Househunters, some episodes of which I have seen three times, there's hardly time to engage in life's essentials, like ordering in Chinese food and thumbing my nose at authority. 

But there's a true social utility to all this tv watching.  For the sake of my career, I need to be able to engage in conversation around the wine water cooler.  Of course, now that I'm working from home, there's only me, but I still like to be able to hold my own when arguing with the bitch myself about plot lines and cliffhangers.

In any case, I've got to go now.  You know why.  And it has nothing to do with a scheduled C-section.

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny! But I spend my life watching tv and reading blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I read this while simultaneously watching tv and taking a break from playing Sims 3. At least the Sims have a productive life . . . especially the ones without sim-tvs.

    ReplyDelete